Group training in Victoria
What is group training?
Group training is a binding employment and training arrangement in which organisations employ an apprentice or trainee under an apprenticeship and traineeship training contract and place them with appropriate host employers. A group training organisation assumes the responsibilities of the legal employer for the continuity and quality of the apprentice’s and trainee’s employment and training. The group training organisation also manages additional support and care for the host employer and apprentice or trainee to ensure successful completion of the training contract.
Benefits of group training include:
- Exemption from payroll tax for apprentices and trainees
- Outstanding links with regional schools and their students, as we actively work with quality candidates to assess their interest and suitability
- We coordinate work experience and trials to make sure your trainee or apprentice is suited to the work/industry and your workplace
- Management of the recruitment and induction processes and employment contracts and the administration associated with trainee and apprentice wages
- Having professional consultants who work alongside you throughout the term of the apprenticeship or traineeship to provide mentoring and support to the host employers, trainees and apprentices.
Our group training expertise also means we would handle all of the following:
- Human resources support
- OH&S management
- WorkCover claims management
Contact Victorian Group Training for more information about what we can do for you as an employer or examine our website for more information about employing an apprentice or trainee or registering to hire an apprentice or trainee.