OH&S for apprentices and trainees in Victoria
At Victorian Group Training, workplace health and safety is something we take seriously and act on – it’s not just something we talk about. Being in the apprenticeships and traineeships business, we understand the importance of maintaining high occupational health and safety standards to keep our employees safe.
Among some of the OH&S standards and procedures we adhere to are:
- compliance with legislative standards
- determining risk management control to ensure a trainee or apprentice is comfortable and safe in their environment, and host employers follow health and safety guidelines
- ensuring adequate facilities to protect our employees’ welfare
- ensuring appropriate work health and safety training for employees, apprentices and trainees.
Return to Work standards and procedures we adhere to:
- compliance with the Victorian Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act
- ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed and sent to Victorian Group Training’s Workcover agent
- ensure Workcover payments are processed timely and correctly
- making sure the Return to Work for an injured apprentice and trainee is a smooth transition through alternate duties, if applicable, back to pre-injury duties.
More information about OH&S and Return to Work is available on the Worksafe Victoria website, or to see injury statistics relevant to your industry, visit the authority’s injury hotspots page.
For further information contact Victorian Group Training, or download our accident incident report form, register of injuries form or important return to work information if you have a workplace accident, incident or injury to report.